Diazepam, first marketed as Valium, is a medicine of the benzodiazepine family that typically produces a calming effect. It’s commonly used to treat a range of conditions, including anxiety, seizures, alcohol withdrawal syndrome, benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome, muscle spasms, trouble sleeping, and restless legs syndrome. It may also be used to cause memory loss during certain medical procedures. It can be taken by mouth, inserted into the rectum, injected into muscle, inject into a vein or use as a nasal spray. When give into a vein, effects begin in one to five minutes and last up to an hour. By mouth, effects begin after 15 to 60 minutes. Buy diazepam online.
Diazepam is use to treat anxiety, alcohol withdrawal, and seizures. It’s also use to relieve muscle spasms and to provide sedation before medical procedures. This medication works by calming the brain and nerves. Diazepam belongs to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines.
How to use Diazepam
- Read the Medication Guide provided by your pharmacist before you start taking diazepam and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take this medication by mouth with or without food as direct by your doctor. If you are using the liquid form of this medication, carefully measure the dose using a special measuring device/spoon. Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dose.
- If you are using the concentrated solution, use the medicine dropper provide and mix the measures dose with a small amount of liquid or soft food (such as applesauce, pudding).
- Take all of the mixtures right away. Do not store the mixture for later use.
- The dosage is base on your medical condition, age, and response to treatment. Do not increase your dose or use this drug more often or for longer than prescrib. Your condition will not improve any faster, and your risk of side effects will increase. Properly stop the medication when so direct.
- If you suddenly stop using this medication, you may have withdrawal symptoms (such as shaking, abdominal/muscle cramps, vomiting, sweating, anxiety, restlessness, seizures). To help prevent withdrawal, your doctor may lower your dose slowly. Withdrawal is more likely if you have use diazepam for a long time or in high doses. Tell your doctor or pharmacist right away if you have withdrawal.
- When this medication is used for a long time, it may not work as well.
- Talk with your doctor if this medication stops working well.
- Though it helps many people, this medication may sometimes cause addiction. This risk may be higher if you have a substance use disorder (such as overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol). Take this medication exactly as prescrib lower the risk of addiction. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
- Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while using this medication unless your doctor or pharmacist says you may do so safely. Grapefruit can increase the chance of side effects with this medicine. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
- direct by your doctor, take this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time(s) each day.